Your Site Doesn’t Appear in Google Search Results Page? Check Robots.txt
If your site doesn’t appear in Google’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP), check for a block in your Robots.txt. Follow these instructions to fix it.
What to do?
- Log-in to your site’s FTP account
- Download robots.txt from the root
- Open to the file
- Check: is there a disallow in any of the lines?
- If there is: which pages are disallowed? Do you want those page to appear in the SERP?
- If the answer is yes: who is the disallowed user agent? (the user agent should be above it)
- If the user agent is: “ * “ (which means all) or has the word “google” in it – remove it to allow Google to crawl those pages
- Good luck!
Text editor, FTP access
Comments No comment yet. Be the first to comment !
Add a comment